Our partners at Carver County HHS let us know that they are still in need of volunteers for this month’s food giveaway in NYA. Please see below:
We need about 10 more people to help on Friday to make things run as smooth as possible. Please share this volunteer opportunity with your networks! We welcome all ages, and it’s no problem if people need to arrive late or leave early if their schedules won’t allow them to stay the whole shift. Volunteers can sign up here or email Tami at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers are also welcome to pick up food for themselves and/or other households at the beginning of the shift.
- Volunteer shift: 12pm-4pm
- Volunteers will prepack produce and other food items, distribute food into vehicles, and clean up the site.
- There will be two delivery trucks – one at 12pm with mostly shelf stable items, and a second at 1:45pm with food rescue. We will be busy!
- The food distribution will occur from 2-3:30 pm, while supplies last. There will be enough food for approximately 400 households.
- Park in the gravel lot across the street from City Hall.
- The event is contact-free and drive-thru. Volunteers will put boxes of food into vehicles; drivers will remain in their vehicles the whole time.
- The event will be held outside. Dress accordingly!
** If you have not volunteered with us before, please review the Civil Rights Training prior to Friday. There will be a sheet for you to sign on Friday to acknowledge you read the training and agree to follow the guidelines.
COVID-19 Health and safety:
- Please volunteering if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Notify me at email@example.com or 952-221-2012 if you have any concerns.
- If you haven’t been vaccinated or boosted yet, check out Carver County’s vaccine webpage or Minnesota’s “Vaccine Connector” to help you find out when, where, and how to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again for volunteering!
You must be logged in to post a comment.