Women’s Guild

“Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates.” – Proverbs 31:31

Women's Guild 2016

History of the Guild

The Women’s Guild is the oldest auxiliary organization of St. John’s congregation.  It was organized as a “Frauenverin” in October 1935 with 22 members.  Meetings were held in the homes of the members.  Meetings were discontinued during the time of gasoline rationing during World War II.  On November 9, 1949, the Ladies’ Aid was reorganized the Women’s Guild.

Purpose of the Guild

The Guild works to unite all women in the Christian fellowship and promote Christian service in the home, local church, the denomination, the community, the nation, and the world.  The Women’s Guild, with the aid of all women in the congregation, work to remain true and faithful to its lofty purpose.

The women meet monthly, on the second Monday at 6pm at the church.  Meetings include a short worship program with hymns, discussion of service projects and guild fellowship activities, and a small appetizer-style meal.  All women, regardless of church membership, are welcome to attend.

Leadership

President:  Karen Otto
Vice President:  Vicki Moteelall
Secretary:  Jeannette Bachmann
Treasurer:  Kathleen Schneewind
Pianist:  Donna Franck

Committees

Program: Jeannette Bachmann and Donna Franck
Decorating:  Jeannette Bachmann and Nell Akre
Special Projects and Trips:  Penny Rolf
Purchasing: Bonnie Schmitz and Karen Otto
Sunshine and Cheer:  Kathleen Schneewind and Bernice Kohls
Calling Committee: Shirley Schmitz

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close