Contact Person: Pastor Scott Siefert
St. John’s UCC Confirmation Mission Statement and Objectives
Vision: What is the BIG Picture that we want to convey to our kids through confirmation class?
To equip our children with the skills to develop a dynamic lifelong commitment to, and relationship with, Jesus Christ—who is head of the Church on Earth and in Heaven—as well as commitment to His Church wherever, and however, it is gathered.
Objectives: What is it that they need to learn throughout the course of their confirmation class?
- To know the story of God’s Love for all people and His creation, and to be able to contrast it with the stories our culture offers.
- To develop a faithful relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- To know and understand the call of the church.
Strategy: How and in what ways can we accomplish our objectives?
- Relationships: We will seek to build relationships with our confirmation students both within and outside of class.
- Teaching and Integration of material.
- Service within and without: Taking the relationships and the materials we are teaching our pupils and putting them into practice through service projects within the church and outside into the community.
- Resources our church will provide:
- NIV Study Bible
- “Confirm Not Conform” program
- Heidelberg Catechism
- Resources that need to be provided by family/student.
- Working Pen
|12/21/22-12/24/22||2||Worship||Blue Christmas Service/Christmas Eve Candlelight Service|
|1/4/23||3||Class||Where Do You Stand: The Gospel According to Whom|
|2/1/23||4||Class||Scripture: A Mad Dash Through a Good Book|
|2/22/22||5||Worship||Ash Wednesday Service|
|3/1/23||6||Class||Teach Us To Pray: The Lord’s Prayer|
|3/15/23||7||Class||Faith in Action: Pain to Power|
|4/6/23 – 4/9/23||8||Worship||Holy Week: Palm Sunday/Maundy Thursday/Easter|
|5/3/23||9||Class||Tradition: The Church Through the Year|
|TBD||10||Service/Fun||Service/Mission Day (Coordinate with local UCC Churches)|
|TBD||11||Service/Fun||Service/Mission Day (Coordinate with local UCC Churches)|
|TBD||12||Service/Fun||Service/Mission Day (Coordinate with local UCC Churches)|
|TBD||13||Service/Fun||Service/Mission Day (Coordinate with local UCC Churches)|
|TBD||14||Service/Fun||Service/Mission Day (Coordinate with local UCC Churches)|
|9/6/23||15||Class||Faith in Action: How We Can Help|
|10/4/23||16||Class||Teach Us To Pray: The Sacraments|
|11/1/2023||17||Class||Tradition: The Priesthood of All Believers|
|12/6/23||18||Class||World Council of Religions|
|12/20/23-12/24/23||19||Worship||Blue Christmas Service/Christmas Eve Candlelight Service|
|1/3/24||20||Class||Tradition: Our Neck of the Woods|
|2/7/24||21||Class||Where Do You Stand: The Power to Choose|
|2/14/24||22||Worship||Ash Wednesday Service|
|3/6/24||23||Class||Faith in Action: May We Present/Consistory Meeting|
|3/24/24||24||Worship||Palm Sunday/Graduation Day|
|4/3/24||25||Class||Where Do You Stand: Where Do You Go From Here?|