You’re Invited…we want to meet you!
What I can expect when worshiping at St. John’s during the pandemic?
- Handicap accessible building with a ramp and an interior elevator
- Convenient parking
- Warm and friendly people who will greet you
- Face coverings, social distancing, and cleaning protocols are observed as part of our COVID-19 Response Plan. Click here for details.
What is a typical the COVID worship service like?
- Service Length: we take the threat of this virus seriously, and limit in-person services to 30 minutes
- Worship Songs: we incorporate 2 hymns during a service, sung in our hearts.
- Sermon: our messages last about 10 to 15 minutes. View some of the previous worship services.
- Offering: we’ve placed no-contact collection plate at the entrance of sanctuary, in lieu of passing it during the service. You are under no obligation to give as a guest.
- Communion: Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of each month. St. John’s practices “open communion,” which means that all are welcome at our table. Juice and bread are distributed in individually prepared cups. You may partake during the service or take it with you.
- Sprouts Sunday: the third Sunday of each month we change things up a bit, with a worship service that is approachable and applicable, not only for small kids, but also for teenagers (and adults). It is intended for all ages to participate, but will have an extra focus on the little “Sprouts” of our SJUCC community.