You’re Invited…we want to meet you!
What I can expect when worshiping at St. John’s during the pandemic?
- Handicap accessible building with a ramp and an interior elevator
- Convenient parking
- Warm and friendly people who will greet you
- Face coverings, social distancing, and cleaning protocols are observed as part of our COVID-19 Response Plan. Click here to view our COVID-19 Preparedness Response Plan.
What is a typical the COVID worship service like?
- Service Length: we take the threat of this virus seriously, and limit in-person services to 30 minutes
- Worship Songs: we incorporate 2 hymns during a service, sung wearing masks.
- Sermon: our messages last about 10 minutes. View some of the previous worship services.
- Offering: we’ve placed no-contact collection plate at the entrance of sanctuary, in lieu of passing it during the service. You are under no obligation to give as a guest.
- Communion: Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of each month. St. John’s practices “open communion,” which means that all are welcome at our table. Juice and bread are distributed in individually prepared cups. You may partake during the service or take it with you.
- Sprouts Sunday: the third Sunday of each month we change things up a bit, with a worship service that is approachable and applicable, not only for small kids, but also for teenagers (and adults). It is intended for all ages to participate, but will have an extra focus on the little “Sprouts” of our SJUCC community.
Do you offer online worship services and events?
- Yes, we live-stream our services on Facebook page, St. John’s UCC of Bongards. A library of our recorded services and events, along with some of our favorite music playlists, is available our YouTube channel, St. John’s UCC- Bongards.
- We use Sermons4kids.com for our children’s online children’s sermon and activities.