Dear St. John’s UCC Members and Friends,
Our beloved church was built in 1883 and has been a spiritual home for many, and a landmark in rural Carver County ever since that time. As with all buildings and structures, they require regular maintenance and care. Our beautiful steeple, stained glass windows, and sanctuary are in need of basic maintenance.
On July 24th, a Congregational meeting was held to review proposals for the work. The last time the steeple had any major work done was 1973. It was decided to engage Hanson’s Painting and Repairs of Mayer, which specializes in steeple restoration for this project.
The project will include:
- the removal of all wood and shakes on church steeple and replace them with an enhanced metal shake. This will be a more permanent solution for the roofing and the largest cost of this project.
- Scraping of the peeled paint and repainting the stained-glass windows
- Interior painting underneath the bell tower from water that had leaked in during a large rain storm in 2020
The total cost for the project is estimated to be $20,150.
We are asking our members and friends to help support this project with donations. Please consider a prayerful donation. Any amount is greatly appreciated. You can donate in any of these 3 ways:
- Mail a check with “Building and Grounds” in the memo field to: St. John’s UCC, PO Box 124, NYA, MN 55368
- Donate online at https://app.easytithe.com/app/giving/sjuccbongards to “Building and Grounds”
- Drop a donation in the offering plate, marked “Building and Grounds”
We have been a blessed congregation. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Consistory Team. Thank you for your time and consideration of our request.
St. John’s UCC Consistory Team
Pastor Scott Siefert, Michelle Bachmann, Cindy Henschen, Bill Hudson, Karen Otto, and Penny Rolf