Join us this Sunday, the Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost, in-person only, with featured scripture Psalm 112 and Luke 14:1, 7-14. Message by Pastor Scott will be “You are Invited”. Holy Communion will also be served.
Our on demand library is available on our YouTube channel: St. John’s UCC-Bongards
Upcoming Events – Save the Date
- Wednesdays – Bongards Market – 3pm to 6pm
- Sept. 11th – Growing in God’s Love (in-person Sunday School for ages 4 to 10 years) starts – 9:15am in Fellowship Hall
- Sept. 12th – Women’s Guild – 6pm in Fellowship Hall
- Sept. 15th – Fall Bible Study on Matthew kicks off (Hybrid) – 6pm in Fellowship Hall and ZOOM
- Sept. 15th – Family Game Night – 7pm in Fellowship Hall
- Sept. 18th – Faith & Service Review Committee – 1015am in Fellowship Hall
- Sept. 20th – Consistory Team Meeting – 6pm via ZOOM
- Oct. TBD – Faith Formation for Middle Schoolers – Contact Pastor Scott for details on Confirmation classes)
Announcements and Messages for the Community
Fruit of the Spirit. This month’s ministry is our local public schools Cologne Academy’s Compassion Fund and Central’s Raider Room. Collection basket is at the rear of the sanctuary.
Many hands make light work! We want a variety of skills and leaders, so please consider serving as a Consistory Team Member. Also, everyone is welcome to log on for Team meetings for input and engagement. Contact Michelle Bachmann at 952-361-3033 or Pastor Scott for more details.
Steeple maintenance and sanctuary painting. Please consider a prayerful donation. We will be starting the project this fall. Our goal is $20,150. We’ve received $2,100. Thank you to those that have already donated.
- Mail a check with “Building and Grounds” in the memo field to: St. John’s UCC, PO Box 124, NYA, MN 55368 or donate online at https://app.easytithe.com/app/giving/sjuccbongards to “Building and Grounds”
Find Food Carver County. Volunteers are needed to pack produce, sort food items, and distribute food into vehicles in NYA the first Friday of the month. This program helps with food insecurity and food rescue to reduce waste. If interested, contact Michelle Bachmann at 952-361-3033 or findfoodcarvercounty.org.
Live Streaming Technician: We want to train others on setting up the equipment and monitoring live-streaming services. If you are familiar with Facebook and how to post content, this is all the technical skills needed. Contact Michelle Bachmann if you’re interested.
Share. Grow. Shine! Make sure you write ways you’ve shared your faith or grown your faith this week on a card and place it in the offering plate to be collected and celebrated. Fill our collective lantern and shine St. John’s light!
Looking for a church family? If you have been led to St. John’s looking to be more than a visitor, we welcome you openly to our family and would love an opportunity to chat. Contact Pastor Scott at 804-350-0826 or email email@example.com.
The Word To Go: Find Sunday morning worship services on our YouTube channel, St. John’s UCC-Bongards. Worship will also be live-streamed on Facebook, when available.
Bongards Buzz: Submit items for the newsletter by the 1st of each month to Michelle Bachmann or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Pastoral Care. Please contact Pastor Scott at 804-350-0826 or email email@example.com.
We’ve partnered with easyTithe so you can use your bank account for a direct ACH, debit card, or a credit card to make a secure one time or reoccurring gift.
(Artwork credit: “The Poor Invited to the Feast” by Jesus Mafa, Cameroon, Africa)