Join us this Sunday, the Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost, in-person (Facebook live stream when available), for World Communion Sunday with featured scripture Lamentations 3:19-26, Habakkuk 1:1-4; 2:1-4, and Luke 17:5-10. Message by Michelle Bachmann will be “God Bakes the Best Bread”. Holy Communion will also be served, presided over by Pastor Scott.
Our on demand library is available on our YouTube channel: St. John’s UCC-Bongards
“A Mustard Seed Faith”
Click here for this week’s full worship guide.
Upcoming Events – Save the Date
- Thursdays – Bible Fellowship – 6pm in Fellowship Hall and ZOOM
- Oct. TBD – Faith Formation for Middle Schoolers – Contact Pastor Scott for details on Confirmation classes)
- Oct. 12 – Women’s Guild – 6pm in Fellowship Hall
- Nov. 1 – Consistory Team Meeting – 6pm via ZOOM
- Nov. 6 – All Saints Day – 915am
- Nov. 12th – “Footloose” at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater, hosted by Women’s Guild – 1030am – Sign up in the Narthex by Oct. 9th
- Nov. 18th – Faith & Service Review Meeting – 6pm via ZOOM
- Nov. 20 – His By Grace concert and Pie Social – 915am (Free will offering to benefit the Southwest Carver County food shelf)
Announcements and Messages for the Community
All Saints Day Service. This will be a Sunday to remember those who have come and gone before us. Please invite your friends and family to join us. Bring a small memento in honor of a loved one, to be placed on the altar for the service. If you have a special poem, reading, or musical suggestion you’d like considered for the service or want to participate, contact Pastor Scott.
Fruit of the Spirit. This month’s ministry is Peace Villa’s Life Enrichment fund. Look for the special collection basket at the rear of the sanctuary.
Many hands make light work! We want a variety of skills and leaders, so please consider serving as a Consistory Team Member. We are in need of 3 members in 2023. Contact Michelle Bachmann at 952-361-3033 or Pastor Scott for more details.
Steeple maintenance and sanctuary painting. Please consider a prayerful donation. Our goal is $20,150. The work has started! Thank you to those that have already donated.
- Mail a check with “Building and Grounds” in the memo field to: St. John’s UCC, PO Box 124, NYA, MN 55368 or donate online at https://app.easytithe.com/app/giving/sjuccbongards to “Building and Grounds”
Find Food Carver County. Volunteers are needed to pack produce, sort food items, and distribute food into vehicles in NYA the first Friday of the month. This program helps with food insecurity and food rescue to reduce waste. If interested, contact Michelle Bachmann at 952-361-3033 or findfoodcarvercounty.org.
Live Streaming Technician: We want to train others on setting up the equipment and monitoring live-streaming services. If you are familiar with Facebook and how to post content, this is all the technical skills needed. Contact Michelle Bachmann if you’re interested.
Share. Grow. Shine! Make sure you write ways you’ve shared your faith or grown your faith this week on a card and place it in the offering plate to be collected and celebrated. Fill our collective lantern and shine St. John’s light!
Looking for a church family? If you have been led to St. John’s looking to be more than a visitor, we welcome you openly to our family and would love an opportunity to chat. Contact Pastor Scott at 804-350-0826 or email email@example.com.
The Word To Go: Find Sunday morning worship services on our YouTube channel, St. John’s UCC-Bongards. Worship will also be live-streamed on Facebook, when available.
Bongards Buzz: Submit items for the newsletter by the 1st of each month to Michelle Bachmann or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Pastoral Care. Please contact Pastor Scott at 804-350-0826 or email email@example.com.
We’ve partnered with easyTithe so you can use your bank account for a direct ACH, debit card, or a credit card to make a secure one time or reoccurring gift.
You must be logged in to post a comment.