Join us this Sunday, the First Sunday of Advent (in-person and Facebook live stream when available).
Featured scripture Psalm 122 and Matthew 24:36-44 with pastoral meditation “God With Us.”
Our on demand library is available on our YouTube channel: St. John’s UCC-Bongards
Upcoming Events – Save the Date
- Wednesdays – Confirmation Class – 6pm – schedule on website
- Thursdays – Bible Fellowship – 6pm – Fellowship Hall and ZOOM
- TODAY – Deck the Halls – Following worship
- Dec. 1 – Advent Calendar for the Food Shelf Kick-off
- Dec. 4 – Sing Along with Communion – 915am
- Dec. 5 – Consistory Team Meeting – 6pm via ZOOM
- Dec.11 – Traditional Worship – 915am
- Dec. 11 – Christmas Luncheon hosted by Women’s Guild (catered by Hillcrest Café) – 1030am (RSVP by Dec. 5th on the bulletin board)
- Dec. 18 – Wear your favorite Christmas Sweaters/Attire – 915am
- Dec. 21 – Blue Christmas Reflection – 6pm
- Dec. 24 – Candlelight Service – 6pm
- Dec. 25 – Lessons and Carols – 915am
Announcements and Messages for the Community
Thank you for your generosity! Donations collected at the His By Grace concert and Pie Social totaled $686 for the Southwest Carver County food shelf.
Fruit of the Spirit. In November, donations will go towards veterans services. Look for the special collection basket at the rear of the sanctuary.
Many hands make light work! Please consider serving as a Consistory Team Member. We are in need of 3 members in 2023. Contact Michelle Bachmann at 952-361-3033 or Pastor Scott for more details.
Find Food Carver County. Volunteers are needed to pack produce, sort food items, and distribute food into vehicles in NYA the first Friday of the month. This program helps with food insecurity and food rescue to reduce waste. If interested, contact Michelle Bachmann at 952-361-3033 or findfoodcarvercounty.org.
Live Streaming and Camera Operator: We want to train others on live-streaming and recording services. Contact Michelle Bachmann if you’re interested.
Share. Grow. Shine! Make sure you write ways you’ve shared your faith or grown your faith this week on a card and place it in the offering plate to be collected and celebrated. Fill our collective lantern and shine St. John’s light!
Looking for a church family? If you have been led to St. John’s looking to be more than a visitor, we welcome you openly to our family and would love an opportunity to chat. Contact Pastor Scott at 804-350-0826 or email email@example.com.
The Word To Go: Find Sunday morning worship services on our YouTube channel, St. John’s UCC-Bongards. Worship will also be live-streamed on Facebook, when available.
Bongards Buzz: Submit items for the newsletter by the 1st of each month to Michelle Bachmann or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Pastoral Care. Please contact Pastor Scott at 804-350-0826 or email email@example.com.
We’ve partnered with easyTithe so you can use your bank account for a direct ACH, debit card, or a credit card to make a secure one time or reoccurring gift.