Next week marks our first Wednesday food distribution in NYA! We need about 20 more people to help from 10:30am-2:30pm on Wednesday, May 3. As most of you know, the schedule change is due to Second Harvest’s new delivery schedule, and we will continue with monthly food distributions on the first Wednesday of the month for the remainder of 2023.
Bring a friend, neighbor, or family member to make the day even more fun! You can sign up here or contact me at email@example.com.
Details for Wednesday:
- Volunteer shift: 10:30am-2:30pm
- Volunteers will prepack produce and other food items, distribute food into vehicles, and clean up the site.
- There will be two delivery trucks – one at 10am with mostly shelf stable items, and a second shortly after with food rescue.
- The food distribution will occur from 12:30-1:30 pm, while supplies last. There will be enough food for over 300 households.
- Park in the gravel lot across the street from City Hall.
- The event is contact-free and drive-thru. Volunteers will put boxes of food into vehicles; drivers will remain in their vehicles the whole time.
- The event will be held outside. Dress accordingly!
- ** If you have not volunteered with us before, please review the Civil Rights Training prior to Wednesday. There will be a sheet for you to sign on Wednesday to acknowledge you read the training and agree to follow the guidelines.
Caitlin Huiras, MPH, RD
Public Health Program Specialist
Carver County Health and Human Services
600 E. 4th Street, Chaska MN 55318
You must be logged in to post a comment.