CHRISTMAS EVE PAGEANT – If your children would like to be involved in this year’s Pageant, please see Pastor Cathy for a registration sheet that has all the details. There are speaking and non-speaking, costume and non-costume parts for all ages.
BOOK CLUB – is reading “Tree Spirited Woman” for the month of December. Book Club usually meets on the last Thursday of the month, 630 – 8:00pm.
PAJAMA STORY TIME – is a growing ministry of our church. We could always use more volunteers to cook dinner, assist with crafts and games, or do a general clean-up! Let Pastor Cathy know if you could help.
SOCK AND MITTEN TREE – We will be collecting new, gently used, or handmade items all month long for our sock and mitten tree. Socks, mittens, gloves, hats, and scarves are all welcome in both adult and children’s sizes.
CENTRAL SCHOOL’S CHRISTMAS GIFT GIVING – as part of our OCWM, we will be participating in Central school’s gift giving for needy families. Central supports 13 families with gifts for Christmas. If you would like to take a name tag and shop for a Central Elementary child, please do so. Gifts need to be brought to the school or the church by Wednesday, December 12th, so shop quickly!
BIG THANK YOU’S – to everyone who has helped with extra Christmas decorations this year:
- Shirley Schmitz and the Women’s Guild – for the new nativity scene that as hand painted and fired.
- Bonnie Schmitz and our Quilters – who made the beautiful new banner hanging in the narthex
- Steve and Bonnie Schmitz – who donated the new lighted creche that sits outside and spreads the holiday light to others (handmade by the Schmitz’s friend)
Announcements from the Church
- NEXT SUNDAY – July 23rd, we will be baptizing Brendan Robert Rolf. Children who participate in Children’s time should bring water from home to help fill the baptismal fount.
- SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE – The Women’s Guild is partnering with Carver County CAP to collect school supplies and PreK backpacks for children participating in Head Start. We will be collecting donations until August 1st. Drop off at the church.
- Bongards Farmers Market – What is missing from the market this year?? YOU ARE! We have new vendors and food trucks, and are looking for volunteers. Sign-up sheets are on the bulletin board. bongardsmarket.com or contact Vicki M.
- Bongard’s Book Club – is reading Wayne Muller’s book “Sabbath” for the months of June and July. Books are available through Pastor Cathy, on kindle/audible, and at the library. The Book Club will meet on Thursday July 20th at 6:30 pm.
- Summer Mid-week Worship –is on Wednesdays at 6:30pm. This casual service is designed for those who are away on the weekends during the summer months (and is addition to Sunday morning worship).
- CHOIR – is on break for the summer months, but will return again this Fall.
- LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS – who have technology knowledge to help with some ‘behind the scenes’ work with worship. Recording video, running the slide show, and recording audio files are some of the kinds of things we need help with. If you can use a smart phone or a GoPro camera, and are willing to help, please let Pastor Cathy know (both for Wednesdays and Sundays).
- HUGE THANKS – to Mark and Woody for rebuilding the storage shed and reminding us that resurrection is possible! It looks great.